The Public Housing Waiting List is open indefinitely. Eligible applicants can apply to the Waiting List be clicking here. Completed applications may be mailed, faxed or hand-delivered to the Warren Housing Authority Office. Please be aware that WHA conducts a national criminal screening search for each person in the household 18 years of age or older.
Reasonable Accommodation: Applicants who require assistance completing an application due to disability can request a reasonable accommodation by contacting WHA during office hours at (401) 245-7019.
Warren Housing Authority offers the following Waitlist Preferences:
- Local preference: 15 Points
- In order to verify that an applicant is a resident, the WHA will require a minimum of two (2) of the following documents; rent receipts and lease, utility bills, employer or agency records, school records, driver’s license, voters registration records or credit reports.
- Service Connected Disabled Veteran Preference: 40 Points (disabled while serving in the military)
- In order to verify that an applicant is a Disabled Veteran, the WHA will require a Benefit Letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Veteran Preference: 10 points
- In order to verify that an applicant is a Veteran, the WHA will require a DD-214 form from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Elderly or Disabled Preference: 12 points
- Head of household, or the spouse of the head of household is 62 and older. Single person, head of household, or the spouse is disabled as defined by (24 CFR 5.403).
- In order to verify that an applicant is Elderly, WHA will require a Birth Certificate. In order to verify that an applicant is Disabled, WHA will require a Benefit Award Letter from Social Security or verification from a medical professional.
- Near Elderly: 1 point
- At least 50 years of age but below the age of 62
- In order to verify that an applicant is Near Elderly, WHA will require a Birth Certificate.